• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which style do you think would kick butt?

Hey all,

There are no best styles... like the people said before, there is only what u bring in as ur wn style..

Angus-do, thaiboxerken-do, muaytb1-do etc etc...

Angus :karate: :up:

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a fight with no rules this is how I would see the winner.

*Very good reflexes.

*Very fast.

*Very strong.

*His body is conditioned.

*He has a lot of experience.

*He doesn't hesitate.

*He knows his limits and will make the best of what he has.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I dont believe in the idea that the person who knows most about their arts would win above all...its not true in alot of cases. And what you are talking about...a no rules street fight has been going on for 100's of years in A)Asian countries as kumate B)Brazil as vale tudo. Later these were brought over to america and water down so that it could be sanctioned(UFC,KOTC,AFC). But yeah thats been going on for many years...it seems that there is really no such thing as one style defeating another...but who cross trains the most and learns everything they can about any situation. Vale Tudo and kumate is called MMA in america and although there is refs and stoppage...it is pretty close to vale tudo/kumate. It seems that cross training between BJJ and boxing or muay thai has been the winner of 90% of all fights and you will hardly ever see a TMAer competing in any of these tournaments valetudo/kumate nor MMA.

Black belt? Yes i have a black belt but that belt only covers 2 inches of my butt. The rest i got to cover on my own.

Royce Gracie - Jiu-jitsu master

Oh and another thing...i have read every post on here and i havent seen one post point to any grappling arts. You should consider that majority of these fights will end up on the ground and someone only trained in standup fighting would probably lose in a ground fighting situation. Someone can fight standing up on instincts against a boxer, muay thai fighter, or wing chun master and probably survive...but ussually someone who doesnt know about ground fighting cant last at all on the ground with someone who does. Not to put anyone down at all..i respect all your opinions but i dont see anyone addressing the chance of it going to the ground...and thats a pretty big chance.

Black belt? Yes i have a black belt but that belt only covers 2 inches of my butt. The rest i got to cover on my own.

Royce Gracie - Jiu-jitsu master

'I have to back MMAChamp here....

I wouldnt say there is a BEST style.... but there are better styles.

You would need a rounded fighter who can strike, but doesnt have to hold back from getting too close when striking for fear of being taken to ground - so someone who also studdies a grappling art.

I do disagree with saying someone standing up against a muay thai / boxer / wing chun master could fight on instincts and survive - i think its pretty even on how easily theyd lose standing with a striker, or on ground with a grappler.....

All in all - you need to have both skills - you cant rely on the fight finishing with you on your feet, but on the other side - you cant rely on being able to take the fight to the ground as not ALL fights end up there - so the person who would come out on top mst would be someone who was accomplished in both striking and grappling.

More in line with the topic of discussion - there are better martial arts as we all know, im not saying there is a best - but some striking arts concentrate around practical application and actually test there moves, whereas some more TMA dont ever test their moves in a real situation - so this training is unlikely to bear you in as good stead in an all out fight.

The advantage grappling training has (why alot of grappling arts could be considered equally as good) is that its impossible to practice grappling without actually doing it - so you know whether it works or not when you practice it....

I would say - that yes alot of the better arts are equal and the winner would then depend on the practitioner, but there definitely are more effective arts. To prevent anyone getting all aggrevated about my post im not going to list what everyone will tell me is just "my opinion" of what those better arts are - i think we all know once you've trained around a bit.