• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which style do you think would kick butt?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well any style can become "personalized" no two taekwondo stylist may have the same technique niether judo ,karate, kung fu it all depends on what works for the individual..and that is another aspect of the jeet kune do philosophy...take what works and peel the rest away as if sculpting a beautiful statue..it is not limited to chinese martial arts but every thing that one learns in combat..example bruce lee trained in different kicking styles with both master rhee(father of taekwon do and chuck norris) to further his kicking skills ...but not many people know this he went to the best in any category and adapted this to his own personal fighting style..even people in the same system of training have thier strenghts and weaknesses.its all a matter in taking what works for you and what doesnt and adapting..so your fighting style becomes like a thumbprint..not every person has the same exact execution of technique but what works best for them..so that just becuase a submission fighter excels in killing you while you are down he has to get to that piont first..if im a real fast kicker and powerful..then he will not be able to get me on the ground before i knock out the lights..just as if i am not quick enough he will choke or lock me up before i can execute a kick,,then im in trouble..remember one thing before bruce made wing chun famous it was considered a girly art an art for women it was in fact created by a woman practictioner and any man practicing this art was made fun of..so my point is it is better to have ones own personal style of martial arts or even one technique(suppose i have one kick or hand srtike that i know works every time)then to have dozens that i think may work.....thats just my opininon i may be wrong..me personally i like to kick and am very confident in my fighting style (taekwondo) but at the same time am not naive in asuming my oppnent maybe more skilled in another fighting style that he cant take me out..doesnt mean that that his style is ultimate just that he may be more skilled in that art than i am in mine..there are plenty of boxers i know who train harder and are more deadly with thier hands than i am with my feet yet few people refuse to acknowledge that boxing is a martial art just because you dont use your feet..the individual makes the art and not visca versa...

Javier l Rosario

instructor taekwondo/hapkido

under master Atef s Himaya

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

Many kickboxers also train in grappling and compete in shootfighting or other MMA type of events. You never know what a person is trained in just by watching comptetive events.

Just kick 'em, they'll understand.- Me

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Certified Instructor of Frank Cucci's Linxx system of martial arts.

The question was which single syle would be most probable to win a fight without the use of wepons. When you consider everyone to be a cross-trainer you negate the question. True shootfigthing is a hybrid art but so are most arts even common ones like taekwon do and tung soo do. Sometimes you guys make simple questions very dificult.

punch kick shoot pound submitt

Ok.. I would have to say Silat then. They deal with all aspects of fighting, ground, kicking, punching, locks, chokes, neck breaks and more. Many of the tech's in Silat aren't nice to the opponents, as they would rather break and kill an opponent than deal with submission or holds. And that's just wthout weapons, there is alot more that they do with weapons.

Kali is another great system and is very similar to Sila.

Apprentice Instructor under Guro Inosanto in Jun Fan Gung Fu and Filipinno Martial arts.

Oh, I know this. But there is a certain precision and care taken into submitting a person versus just breaking. Submission give you a choice of breaking or not, and sometimes take more effort to get. Many Silat moves have to break a person if it's done in a proper fashion. Of course there are submissions and holds in Silat, it's just not as emphasized as much as wounding and killing opponents.