• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Running a Dojo is About More Than Martial Arts Knowledge

Can I get autographed copies when they are ready?

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This is a great insightful article Bob.

I think some instructors shy away from treating the dojo like a business for fear of becoming a McDojo but unless you have unlimited cash elsewhere you need to get good with this stuff.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Can I get autographed copies when they are ready?

::Note...Give LLLEARNER copy when they're ready!!:: Done deal!!

BTW, there are other members here at KF that I want THEIR autographs too because with so much knowledge and so many better writers than me....yeah...I want their autographs TOO!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I think some instructors shy away from treating the dojo like a business for fear of becoming a McDojo but unless you have unlimited cash elsewhere you need to get good with this stuff.

I also think that a lot of instructors want to help. They see what they do as a community service. This is a great thing, they have great hearts and are a tremendous value to their community. But to survive, you need a profit.

"Those who know don't talk. Those who talk don't know." ~ Lao-tzu, Tao Te Ching

"Walk a single path, becoming neither cocky with victory nor broken with defeat, without forgetting caution when all is quiet or becoming frightened when danger threatens." ~ Jigaro Kano

I also think that a lot of instructors want to help. They see what they do as a community service. This is a great thing, they have great hearts and are a tremendous value to their community. But to survive, you need a profit.

That's a good point. Unless you can get community grants or some other outside funding you still need to turn a profit.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius