• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Here's some material that we worked on last week. We talk about transitioning to knee in belly position from side and work the details of the far side arm bar. Check it out:

Now, with that said, what do traditional artist see as a benefit to the knee in position? How do you feel about this transition vs. a more pressure oriented one? How about the advantages vs. the disadvantages of pressure vs. the pinning transition we show here?

Just some thoughts for discussion. Have at it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nice tutorial, Alex!!

Now, with that said, what do traditional artist see as a benefit to the knee in position?

Control achieved; difficult to escape!

How do you feel about this transition vs. a more pressure oriented one?

While the pressure oriented one has its merits, it ties up, even if for a moment, the arms to maintain the pressure!

How about the advantages vs. the disadvantages of pressure vs. the pinning transition we show here?

If I understand the question...

The pressure leaves, imho, little for error because the arms are engaged just to long and can stall the pinning transition beyond more than I care for.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Nice tutorial, Alex!!

Now, with that said, what do traditional artist see as a benefit to the knee in position?

While the pressure oriented one has its merits, it ties up, even if for a moment, the arms to maintain the pressure!

How about the advantages vs. the disadvantages of pressure vs. the pinning transition we show here?

The pressure leaves, imho, little for error because the arms are engaged just to long and can stall the pinning transition beyond more than I care for.

Typically traditional (and non-traditional) striking artist really like the knee in position to strike from. The ability to control with the knee and one hand while the other fires shots is often cited as a benefit of the position.

From a grappling perspective, the fluidity of the position is also lauded to keep up with, and control bottom motion while being able to take advantage of opportunities given.

Nice tutorial, Alex!!

Typically traditional (and non-traditional) striking artist really like the knee in position to strike from. The ability to control with the knee and one hand while the other fires shots is often cited as a benefit of the position.

From a grappling perspective, the fluidity of the position is also lauded to keep up with, and control bottom motion while being able to take advantage of opportunities given.

I agree!! It's all about control and controlling!!

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 1 month later...

Loves me some knee on belly! I call this armbar the "Little Tea Pot Armbar" because of how his arm makes a handle. Good tutorial.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Loves me some knee on belly! I call this armbar the "Little Tea Pot Armbar" because of how his arm makes a handle. Good tutorial.

Thank you! Yes, I too love it! :lol: