• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What works for me is getting in close with the body shots and usually finishing with an uppercut, cross, or both.

This is usually hard to give advice on because every opponent is going to be different and the things you do won't always be effective.

The only real advice that I can give is "NEVER!", "EVER!" take your eyes off of your opponent! Even while getting hit. (Remember your going to get hit or kicked regardless.) Also stick (hit, kick) and move.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, if this is muay thai your talkin about *i dont think it is but i dont know much about too many other arts* i dont know how efective closeing the gap will be cause he could always go for a clench, you could too but beacasue hes bigger he would probably be getting most of the knees/bows in

To advance the art,

To honor my sifu,

To fight for the sake of the fight.

That all depends on his/her level of experiance is. No matter what the style of fighting is it's always better to get in close (because of the guys reach). And yes you will get hit regardless, but better to get in close so you can land your punches, kicks elbows, etc. too.

I've lost many a time to guys who were bigger and stronger than I am. But the more I spar, or fight them, the better I become and have at times been able to beat someone who was previously better than I was. Same goes for people I have been better than.

also what i try to do against bigger ppl, is i entice them to kick and step back a few times and let him airswing... then on one of the kicks i pounce str8 back into him to catch him off guard and hit with a few quick punches or kicks

-= To truly be immortal, you must be ready to face death. =-

i have been kickboxing and boxing for years and heve always been shorter.1 use side movement,if you only move forward and back they can dictate distance.moving side to side makes it harder.when they throw a technique follow it in.Every time you block or slip when the person is bringing back their leg or hand follow it back in.But the most effective is angles by using angles correctly you negate all of the reach.One bad thing is if you don't have good movement you have to stay there.so there are 2 choices foot movement or get very good wind so you can stay inside

:o

I have dealed with big guy 30 lbs heavier than I am

The guy is only good at right Muay Thai low

kick and or his left is rarely used but only push kick.

Hence, as many says side-step to his left because

his left jab and left push kick is not as heavy as

his right side stuff. Get close to him and

do some punch combo and end with a low kick to

his balancing leg. Jump back and retreat to

wait for his next attack. :brow:

But sometime I was grasped to go into

neck wrestling and punished by his knee kick

:roll:

Darkness grants me pair of dark black eye,

Yet I determine to look for Brightness

• 3 weeks later...

You need to read his timing and what he does.

Most people if he is a kicker kick with the left then the right and back again and are predictable. You need to catch him on the half beat between kicks and move fast and go for it. kick his supporting leg and he will go down like a sack of potatoes. If you cant low kick round kick.