• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What makes a good instructor?

Luther, teaching kids is a tough endeavor. But just keep working at it; it gets easier. Some advise I would give is this; just be you. Even though you see someone you wish you could teach like, just work on being yourself. Kids will smell a fake if you try to fake it. Be you, and let you come out. Eventually, you will find you style when it comes to kids, how you relate to them, etc. And you will always be learning. :)

Solid post!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luther, teaching kids is a tough endeavor. But just keep working at it; it gets easier. Some advise I would give is this; just be you. Even though you see someone you wish you could teach like, just work on being yourself. Kids will smell a fake if you try to fake it. Be you, and let you come out. Eventually, you will find you style when it comes to kids, how you relate to them, etc. And you will always be learning. :)

Solid post!!

:)

I like that thanks. I do always simply try and be me, it's a big reason I went off on my own, because I felt "I" would do well. Something not to forget huh? What I try to do though is learn from others, not exactly take their style, but allow myself to further grow by watching those that I feel are good. Like I said I have the least experience with the little ones, all a process for sure.

Hustle and hard work are a substitute for talent!