• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

10,000 Posts for sensei8!

The pleasure has been mine!! Great friends, all of you; it's been my honor all of these many years!! Life, like the MA, is a journey of discoveries, and I've discovered these years, that our friendship can't be denied. Thank you, each and everyone of you; you've each enriched my life beyond words. I humbly bow in your honor, to each of you!! Thank you, all, for your many kinds words; they mean the world to me, and these aren't idle words!!

Brain said it best when he said that without members, this recognition wouldn't be possible. We've all had some great discussions stemmed from great questions with equally great answers. These many topics and threads fueled me to join a countless many discussions; I just couldn't help myself but to engage in a fruitful exchange of ideas, knowledge, questions, and the like.

I thank you Patrick for the warm introduction! Reminded me of some of the things that I was able to accomplish here at KF all of these many years. But without you, Patrick, and the KF Sensei's, this moment would've been lost and not possible, and I believe you know what I'm referring to, so, thank you from the bottom of my heart for mentoring me here at KF!!

Greg, our Kancho, when I spoke to him yesterday about this, he said this...

"I'm not surprised, Bob, you've got a big mouth!"

Knowing him, as I do, he meant it with love and respect, but he is right...I do have a big mouth. However, as I've recently said before, I don't know everything, and this is especially true about the MA because that world, that ocean, is both big and wide and deep, more than I could ever fathom. I'm just a small grain of a pebble, next to the vastness of knowledge; I've barely scratched the surface. I post, not to hear my own miserable voice, but to help, if needed, and if I can without ever thinking about what I can gain from my helping a KF member. I won't join in many conversations because I don't ever want to appear like a know-it-all because I don't know-it-all.

I've been blessed with nearly 51 years, this October, of MA knowledge/experience, and I pray that I've expressed humbleness in my posts because that is always my intent; help, but not to stand on any pedestal. I owe my life to Shindokan, but that life is pale without experiencing all that the MA has to offer. I've been fortunate enough to share the floor with legends and non-legends; all equal in my eyes, none better than the other, and I must have the exposure outside of the Shindokan circle, or I've an empty vessel...a ship without a port!!

Thank you, my fellow MAists!! Thank you, my dear non-MAists!! All knowledge is fruitful, not just MA knowledge!!

I've been on the carpet, so to speak, a few times with the Hombu for discussing Shindokan things, specifically concerning the inner workings of the Hombu. But I've never violated proprietary conclusions and obligations!! I've shared things here on KF to vent, to rant, to speak to others that aren't obligated to the Shindokan circle; you, my fellow KF members! Wanting to get "fresh eyes" on an issue to see things much more clearer, and you'll never know how much this has helped me to reach vital and critical decisions in a timely manner. Clear thoughts equal a clear answer; the KF members have helped me in that regards; THANK YOU!! What I've experienced hopefully gave you an idea and a glimpse into a Hombu, our Hombu, in ways that you may not have had that at your own Hombu.

10K posts!! Man, I do have a big fat mouth!! Hopefully, you'll all be willing to put up with me for another 10K posts...and...my big fat mouth!!

I love you all, and I thank you all!!

Now, train hard...train well, no matter what you do!! Remember, the proof is on the floor!! Be honest with yourself in all things, and that way, you'll be honest with everyone else!!

See you in the KF Forums!!

:bowofrespect:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great speech, Bob! :) To be a great member here, I believe you have to be willing to listen and willing to share. If that means you have a big mouth, so be it. But I wouldn't describe it that way. :)

The Pred, JR 137, Bulltahr, Kanku65, mazzybear, Titanium, Heidi, hammer, chiliphil1 and Alex - really enjoyed reading your replies and sharing your thoughts.

Patrick

Great speech, Bob! :) To be a great member here, I believe you have to be willing to listen and willing to share. If that means you have a big mouth, so be it. But I wouldn't describe it that way. :)

The Pred, JR 137, Bulltahr, Kanku65, mazzybear, Titanium, Heidi, hammer, chiliphil1 and Alex - really enjoyed reading your replies and sharing your thoughts.

Patrick

While I've enjoyed theirs as well; if not much more!! Thank you!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Congrats on this great milestone, Bob! Your posts are always thoughtful, and they always have a way of making us think about various aspects of the Martial Arts in way we might not otherwise. I always see something new in your posts, even if it is about a familiar topic; you always drive us to learn and grow: the hallmark of a great instructor.

I have been fortunate enough to have got to meet and train with Bob, in person, at my hometown here in Hays. We spent three days, if I remember right, trading Shindokan and TKD knowledge and ideas. I remember learning tuite from Bob, learning Naifanchi Shodan kata, and exploring applications from it. I do have to say that the visit was rather a lopsided one; Bob taught me so much more than I could ever have taught him. And I am proud to call him friend.

Bob and I met a long while ago, on BlackBeltMag.com forums, which is now non-existent. I'm so glad you were able to find a home here, Bob; KarateForums.com and all its members are so much better for it! Here's to another 10,000 posts! :karate: