• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nijushiho Sho

smileface777

Recently my Sensei mentioned a kata called Nijushiho Sho. I believe it was one of the katas that was left out of the common Shotokan syllabus. I have looked all over the internet and youtube and haven't found it. My question is does anyone know it or any of its characteristics.

"Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, and add what is uniquely your own." - Bruce Lee

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If it exists at all it is probably a modern invention since the name Nijushiho is a Shotokan rebranding.

Either that or it is one of the Shorin Ryu versions of the kata (called Niseishi) that has been recently "added" to the syllabus of one of the Shotokan organisations.

Yes my sensei said the kata was completely different for the regular nijushiho

First off...Welcome to KF; glad that you're here, smileface777.

By "completely different", just how, per your Sensei, is it completely different? The whole kata, or bits and pieces?!? For nothing, I've seen Nijushiho and Nijushiho Sho as the very same kata, start to finish, in both techniques AND in the name of the Kata.

I'm on board with what DaveB has posted here; solid post!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Thanks for the welcome sensei8.

Talking with my sensei last night he said that the kata was only beginning to be taught in SKIF, and that it is completely different.

"Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, and add what is uniquely your own." - Bruce Lee

Thanks for the welcome sensei8.

Talking with my sensei last night he said that the kata was only beginning to be taught in SKIF, and that it is completely different.

Anyone happen to have a video link of it, with hopefully Kanazawa Sensei performing it?!?

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!