• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Time To Close Shop!!

The idea of compiling a database of instructors is probably a good one and it can certainly be of some use. However, it should not be construed as something that guarantees or verifies anything except claimed lineage. Not being registered means nothing. To be registered an individual must know that said database exist, and by the looks of it, be computer-literate. There are many many martial artist of varying skill who neither know or care about being on such a list.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea of compiling a database of instructors is probably a good one and it can certainly be of some use. However, it should not be construed as something that guarantees or verifies anything except claimed lineage. Not being registered means nothing. To be registered an individual must know that said database exist, and by the looks of it, be computer-literate. There are many many martial artist of varying skill who neither know or care about being on such a list.

Solid post!!

To what I read, they do tag a disclaimer onto it!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

If it is of any reassurance, Higaonna sensei of Goju-ryu who is listed is probably an exception. Every one of the Okinawan experts I have met or heard of are not concerned with being on such a list. None of them speak nor read English and are not familiar at all with the internet. A quick search also showed that many well-known and referenced experts who can be found elsewhere in various sources(books, etc) are not mentioned either.

• 2 weeks later...
If it is of any reassurance, Higaonna sensei of Goju-ryu who is listed is probably an exception. Every one of the Okinawan experts I have met or heard of are not concerned with being on such a list. None of them speak nor read English and are not familiar at all with the internet. A quick search also showed that many well-known and referenced experts who can be found elsewhere in various sources(books, etc) are not mentioned either.

Solid post!! Those Okinawa experts, are concerned with being on any list; they're on a list(s), but it's of no concern to them...they're on a list(s), but could care less one way or another. They've proven themselves on the floor!!

To the bold type above...

Yet, I'm lampooned and lambasted for the SKKA, and the dojo's in the SKKA network, including myself, for not having a website and the like!! ::sighs::

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!