• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I dread doing _______ in class!

ok ... fill in the "blank"!

I'm sure many of us dread having to do a certain portion of our class whether it be sparring or certain drills.

You can usually hear the moans & groans when the instructor mentions just what you'll be doing in class that day.

I dread doing jumping side kicks to the heavy bag while jumping over obstacles (such as a row of folding chairs or stacked target shields) ... :o

--actually I have 2 ...

and doing alternate left and right jump roundhouses on 2 target shields held by partner going forward & backward across length of floor. This just kills my hips as I tend to over pivot my rounds and you really shouldn't when doing them this way (speed & endurance drill)

That which does not kill us, makes us stronger supposedly....so because we do dread doing such drills we may need to work harder on trying to conquer our dislike in doing them.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing I really dread, but depending which instructor happens to be teaching I don't look forward to the warm-up. It ranges from none at all for some instructors to half an hour for others, it wouldn't bother me so much if there was some consistancy.

Turning Wheel Kick! AAARRRGH! And, of course, if you don't do the same number on both sides, you remain dizzy! :D

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

And the dreaded jump spinning crescent. Argh! Jump, spin, or crescent, but please, not all three at once! :)

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

rolls!!! I used to love rolling when I wss younger, but ever since I moved to the adult class, a year and a half ago, rools have taken up a whole new meaning. We have a thick mat, but when someone throws you to the ground hard, it doesn't matter how thick the mat is. These are the weeks where I ofthen find myself limping to schol and hurting all over. We don't roll very often, maybe 4 times a year Thank goodness :)

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

I dread doing kata. I hate a lot of them. I would never take them out of the system though. Just not my favorite thing. I like sparring.

I sometimes don't like the warmups at the beginning but most of the time they are not bad. Usually i'm impatient and want to get to the class.

Those nagging injuries from football that make it so I don't want to be someones self defense partner (waza). I usually just deal though.

:karate: :P :)