• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mouthguards

neoravencroft

I recommend buying the most expensive mouthpiece that you can, honestly. If you can have your dentist make one designed for MA, do so. I spent $200 on my current one from my dentist simply because one tooth replacement can be $900 or more.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I recommend buying the most expensive mouthpiece that you can, honestly. If you can have your dentist make one designed for MA, do so. I spent $200 on my current one from my dentist simply because one tooth replacement can be $900 or more.

Whilst I know what you're getting at, high price tag doesn't always mean best quality. Beyond a certain point its also a case of diminishing returns.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Whilst I know what you're getting at, high price tag doesn't always mean best quality. Beyond a certain point its also a case of diminishing returns.

I'd agree that one's bought at sporting goods stores have their limits protectiveness. And to be fair, a dentist made mouthpiece does not guarantee 100% effectiveness, either. After going with a dentist-made guard 20 years ago, I'd never go back. Not just for protection, but for fit, as well. Thanks for helping clarify the limits.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone tried ones that you do the impressions at home for? Something like these...

http://www.gladiatorguards.com

I think both Opro and the Funky Gums recommended are impression ones similar to these. Definitely with the Opro kit I found I had a better fitting mouthguard than I've had from the boil and bite and even from the dentist.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius