• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

greetings

will56

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gan teora or so were told is basically kickboxing i.e. we spar like regular kickboxers. Whats different about it is that we take from other styles in our training so we have some short kata's and use different punch moves like knife strikes and chops and also some Muay Thai, elbow strikes and knees. These we dont use when sparing although it can be tempting.

We were graded by the Grand Master of Gan Teora who told us "it was a style he invented by taking the best of all ohter martial arts and combining them with kickboxing.

It's enjoyable which is the main thing but can also get a bit rough. I had to spar a very tall strong guy who made it his mission to wind me with side kicks and spinning kicks (I tend to go hard when up close so maybe he wanted to keep me away).

Welcome to KarateForums.com, keep up the good work :)

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN