• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How do pro boxers gain that extra weight after they are ....

I was just wondering how do professional boxers gain about 10 pounds after they are weighed in for a fight and how long do they have to gain that weight?

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Boxers cut weight by severely limiting food and liquids prior to the weigh in.

The weight you see listed on HBO as their fight time weight is mostly liquid re-gained by them rehydrating themselves over a 24-36 hour period and eating a couple reasonable meals.

It's amazing how much you can cause your weight to fluctuate with some aerobic activity and restricted liquids.

A lot of folks think that his extreme weight cutting practices contributed significantly to Gerald McClellan's late round fatigue in his tragic boxing match with Nigel Benn tha left McClellan paralyzed and brain damaged.

One cannot choose to be passive without the option to be aggressive.

Before weigh in it's called "sucking weight" or "making weight". It's amazing how quickly you put on a few pounds after you replenish your fluids and eat a substantial meal.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

Oh okay I am pretty sure I get it now thanks :) . Ya It is amazing that you can gain that much weight weight or loose it.

• 4 weeks later...

This topic has come up in the gym a lot lately.

Maybe we are all looking at the scale because of the holidays.

We were just talking about a couple of guys we know who cut from an already solid 190-195 all the way down to 155 so they could compete at lightweight in bareknuckle karate. It didn't matter how hard their competition kicked them it didn't even slow them down.

Well since I never took a caliper to them I can't tell you what they're body fat was, specifically. These two never looked particularly heavy at walking around weight.

However you give a determined "cutter" three months and it's pretty impressive what they can pull off.

Martial Art competitors do it as well.

True. :)

But when I was posting the topic I just finished watching a boxing match. So I was thinking about boxing not all Martial Arts.