• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mount to Rear Mount Sequence

The past couple of weeks have been pretty hectic on my end, but somewhere between work schools and teaching we managed to keep up with our recap videos. I'm just now catching up here. :lol: That kind of month.

Here, we look at two sequential weeks. First up, we take a look and holding mount from a mobile opponent driving to the side. This modified mount really allows us to:

a) defeat the knee elbow escape, and

b) set up some real slick isolation of the up side arm

Take a look:

Next, is a building block off of the same motion. Using the same tactic, we set up the modified mount followed by transitioning to back mount. From there, we press onto a more advanced attack option:

Sometimes we look at advanced options as the realm of sport grappling. There is some weight to this argument. However, advanced options let us open up avenues that are often unexpected and therefore might be more likely to succeed.

Check them out. How does the training methodology effect one's totality of understanding about the art? Is there a sacrifice made in the advanced v. fundamental argument? Either either, or both, useful outside the jiu jitsu realm?

Let the discussion begin.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Great tutorials, Alex; both of them!! Thanks for sharing them!!

How does the training methodology effect one's totality of understanding about the art?
Tremendously!! Proper, and the key is PROPER, training makes all of the differences; it's everything. Proper training defines the end; life or death. You train poorly, you will fight poorly!!

Is there a sacrifice made in the advanced v. fundamental argument?

There's always a sacrifice to be made; but it's about how one works through the moment that makes any sacrifice acceptable...where's ones knowledge curve at?!? Advanced or Fundamental; know both, if possible because simplicity dictates quite a lot. I might use both, sacrificing one for another, for the moment, to gain/regain the momentum back to my side.

Either either, or both, useful outside the jiu jitsu realm?

Oh, you bet your dollar they are; both of them!! Gold mine of possibilities for both the fundamental as well as the advanced; both videos here are chock full of context as well as content.

Home run here, Alex!!

:)

edit:spelling

Edited by sensei8

**Proof is on the floor!!!