MA uniforms as Street wear

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's always these throw backs from the 90's. http://zubaz.com/ If you can handle Rex Kwon Do. :)

They are pretty crazy. :)

I'm sure they'll spruce up the Dojo though.

While I doubt that they'd be approved by governing bodies, or many dojo's for that fact because they're a distance away from traditional wear which is in the minds of every MAist. Nor do I see them being excepted at any traditional MA tournaments for the same reasons. It's hard to break away from that traditional mindset, however, I'd wear them because they look quite comfortable and cool; I like pants like that!! I'd let my students wear them at my dojo, but I'd strongly suggest to them that they'd not wear them ON THE FLOOR at the Hombu!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

There's always these throw backs from the 90's. http://zubaz.com/ If you can handle Rex Kwon Do. :)

They are pretty crazy. :)

I'm sure they'll spruce up the Dojo though.

While I doubt that they'd be approved by governing bodies, or many dojo's for that fact because they're a distance away from traditional wear which is in the minds of every MAist. Nor do I see them being excepted at any traditional MA tournaments for the same reasons. It's hard to break away from that traditional mindset, however, I'd wear them because they look quite comfortable and cool; I like pants like that!! I'd let my students wear them at my dojo, but I'd strongly suggest to them that they'd not wear them ON THE FLOOR at the Hombu!

Very wise - I was thinking more of a statement - I'm so confident in my MA abilities I will spar in these colorful bottoms. :lol:

I'd love to see someone wear these, whoever does, that person is just pure 'cool'. 8)

“Spirit first, technique second.” – Gichin Funakoshi

Old gi pants of my that started to get holes in the crotch area, is now used as winter pants under my snow pants.

Good thinking - I never thought of using them like that.

You know...reuse, recycle and all. :idea:

Old gi pants of my that started to get holes in the crotch area, is now used as winter pants under my snow pants.

Why not having a hand-me-down gi?? I like the idea across the board. After all, the hand-me-down mindset has been culture of many countries for as long as they can remember.

Why not having a hand-me-down gi?? I like the idea across the board. After all, the hand-me-down mindset has been culture of many countries for as long as they can remember.

I've given old gis to fellow dojo peeps.

Teachers are always learning

Now there's a plan.

I generally get new gis when theres more holes than material. :D

When I was growing I have handed some gis onto others, however with a few scrapes from the returning fist. :wink:

We could ask students to donate their old gi whenever they buy a new one, for whatever that reason might be, and we could store that donated gi, by sizes, and give them to students who are unable to purchase one for themselves. However, the gi must be in good condition, and washed!!