• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

MA uniforms as Street wear

Since it is the school holidays one of the clubs I train with has been looking round for a place to train on a short term basis. The place they found nearby has no changing facilities (and we have been asked not to change in there anyway) but is cheap and cheerful. Those who get a lift to the dojo or drive there themselves are ok, they can go there and come back in their karategi but I walk nearly half way then catch a bus for the final few miles. Searching round for something to protect my karategi from trail dust and bus-grime I found nothing, all my shellsuits went to charity shops back in the late 90s. However, I did bite the bullet and put on my black iaido uwagi and hakama over my karategi, just for travelling. It was surprisingly practical for walking and public transport, being black it also didn't show the dirt and my karategi was spotless by the time I got there. I did get asked if I was giving meditation lessons by a couple of old ladies on the bus though, maybe I shouldn't have had my short summer haircut at the same time.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably just nip to decathlon at the weekend and grab a cheap tracksuit. I would have done that before but I only got a couple of days notice about the new venue and had to make do with what I had. It was either that or a spongebob onesie. I went for the option that would cause the least public outrage.

I'll probably just nip to decathlon at the weekend and grab a cheap tracksuit. I would have done that before but I only got a couple of days notice about the new venue and had to make do with what I had. It was either that or a spongebob onesie. I went for the option that would cause the least public outrage.

The spongebob onesie would have been hilarious. :lol:

Decathlon do some good stuff for that. There's one near Ikea isn't there on the M1?

“Spirit first, technique second.” – Gichin Funakoshi

Been there are few times myself, that have some great martial arts gear.

Haven't been in a while though.

Next is near it I think.

Hey, it looks like Century is selling kicking jeans again!

Interesting!! Did you see just how big the gusset was?? It's much bigger than from when it was before; which is good, because that change was needed quite badly, imho.

Byw, for those who don't know what a gusset is...it's the part that's in the crotch area between the legs, that's found in pretty much all MA uniform pants. Without it, you'd tear the crotch area...and that would be embarrassing.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I've had the same idea. Normal jeans, work pants, shorts etc with the diamond shaped extra cloth in the crotch so you can have full range of motion.

Self Defense pants for the street. Love the idea and would be all over it.

Century used to sell some Billy Jack Kicking Jeans. You might look into that...

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, it looks like Century is selling kicking jeans again!

I wonder whether these are what Chuck Norris used to wear in his films?

I have tried kicking in my jeans and I ended up on my back. :roll:

I could use some of them though.