• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

One O'Clock Bottom Side Sweep

Bottom side is one of the worst positions we can end up in while on the ground. Besides bing controlled to a high degree, you're very vulnerable to striking. Further, with the increase in MMA and its skill dissemination it's becoming more and more common to see people taking it rather than working for full mount.

So, last week was all about defeating this position. In our recap, we look at a really unique sweep to change our position:

Check it out. What benefits do you see in the motion? What possible complications?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Another fantastic tutorial, Alex! Thanks for sharing it!

Complications? Well, learning something new will be riddled with a plethora of complications that must be addressed at its given time. Outside of that, complications diminish as one spends more time with it; a familiarity begins to grow on you in time.

I don't see any complications! That's because when a complication presents itself, it can be worked out. If you see my meaning.

You covered the many complications that one might encounter with this particular technique very well. And those that you pointed out in this video are the complications that I would be aware of if I was in the bottom position.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I love the technique! I'll be trying it out next time I train :)

Awesome! Glad you liked it, let us know how it goes.

Very nice, Alex. I love this option, as its something different from the standard "getting back to guard." I think I'd have some opportunities to try this, too, because when guys in the club get to side mount, they do a pretty good job of keeping me from getting back to guard.

Thanks for sharing it with us. I've already shared to our DT club page. :)