• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Better late than never, my intro : -)

aes

Hi everyone. I have been posting here for a while now and just realized I did not formally introduce myself.

I am from Southern Ontario Canada. I live in a city called Guelph, which is about an 1 hour drive West from Toronto. I will be turning 40 :cry: next month (I however look much younger).

I have been studying Shorin-ryu style Karate for about 3 months now and am really enjoying it. I have had an interest in MA for most of my life for many reasons but it took the decision to sign my 8 year old daughter up to get me in to a dojo talking to them about it and me making the decision to train there as well.

I have been doing weight training and cardio at a gym for about 5 years prior to taking MA. I thought I was in pretty good shape until now though. :o

As mentioned my interests in MA varied. I like it for fitness, self-discipline, focus and self defence reasons.

I train 3 times a week amounting to about 3.5 hours in the dojo and practise a bit on my own time.

My goal is to reach Black Belt as quickly as I can.

Al

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome (at last) to KarateForums aes! :wave:

I have been enjoying your posts!

40 years "young" .... :bdaybiggrin: Happy Birthday in advance!

Same thing here... it took the "Ninja Turtles" and signing my son up for TKD to finally get myself involved in the MA.... :wink:

Don'tcha just wish though that you started earlier??? :D

Welcome to KarateForums.com :)

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN