• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

YOUR FRIEND!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This is a pretty tough situation...I'd like to say I'd walk away, but if they were ticked off enough to come after me, I'm not sure I'd want to turn my back on them. It seems to me that there are so many variables, each affecting your decision and reaction, that it's something you have to deal with as it happens...no real preparation for it.

In hindsight it would seem easy to decide, but something tells me it's not.

Speaking of hindsight, van_damme, what did you do? You said you encountered this yesterday.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Do a technique that won't hurt him but will show him how serious you are...I was hanging out with my brother the other day and his little friend (they are thirteen) started with me...we were on the grass, he had a jacket on, I used osoto gari on him and then sat on him with the BJJ/juso position "knee on the belly" or "knee ride" - does no harm but is extremely uncomfortable.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

Well since it's your friend I probably would do something back to him like push him or something and then maybe get in a little fight and then stop and after a while talk to him and see if he is angry at you or not. Things well go back to normal or maybe not it depends how good friends you are with your friend.

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

With friends like that who needs enemies, lol. Seriously, always try to be the "big" person in situations like that. Walking away speaks volumes about your character compared to feeding into the BS of a heated situation. Your friend will see the errors of his/her ways.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm my friends wouldn't do this :D :D :D

Well ... the question is very good. I gues I'll walk away and wait until the person come to his/her senses. As someone said, maybe i wouldn't think of responding to attack if I wasn't involved in MA, thus I'd try to act "normally". If the person would follow me to bully me, then I would let him/her have it :D Guess a punch in the solar plexus would do the job. If not, I've got my legs. :lol: