• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

An intoduction? If you insist.

ts757

I'm 15 from Yorkshire in the UK. I'm a 5th Kyu in Shotokan Karate and one of my instructors is Tobias_Reece.

As I write this I face 3 weeks of missing Karate (not advisable) due to my GCSEs.

I much prefer traditional Shotokan rather than practicing it as a sport, though our training reflects all preferences, and learning to fight is obligitory of you want to advance through the grades.

While learning a martial art, you realise several things, one being that it isn't just a load of people through the air screaming, and two; you're only as good as you push yourself, push your body to attain higher standards, and you'll stand out from the crowd (something I try not to do) and impress the instructors.

"Good wood does not grow with ease, the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I love your quote!

"There is no nobility in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility is being superior to your former self."

Thom Yorke

"When a man tries to see into the distance, what does he do? He narrows his eyes."

Lady Miyako, Akira #20

• 2 weeks later...

Well, another fine Brit. Looking forward to talking to you.

How's the weatehr where you are?

Peace,

Tae :0)

Kyoshi Deborah R. Williams 7th Dan

Founder/Senoir Instructor Tae Su Jutsu

Board member International Martial arts Association.

"Before destruction one's heart is haughty, but humility goes before honor."

Proverbs 18:12

Gees, with all these Brits here i'm feeling like a bit of a convict (guess which country i'm from).....

We're kickin u in the cricket though!

Angus.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

• 1 month later...