• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chuck Norris earns 3rd Degree Black Belt in BJJ

Chuck Norris, at 75 years young, has earned his 3rd degree black belt in BJJ: http://fightland.vice.com/blog/chuck-norris-earns-3rd-degree-black-belt-in-bjj

Pretty cool. Congrats to Chuck!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
How old was he when he started BJJ? I wonder what else he has studied and ranked in besides his original system (tang soo do?)

Well, in an interview in 2012, he said he started training with the Machados "28 years ago," which would be 31 years ago, now. That means that, at the very least, he's been training since 1984, and he would have been 44 at the time.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Awesome, didn't even realise he was training in it.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

How old was he when he started BJJ? I wonder what else he has studied and ranked in besides his original system (tang soo do?)

Well, in an interview in 2012, he said he started training with the Machados "28 years ago," which would be 31 years ago, now. That means that, at the very least, he's been training since 1984, and he would have been 44 at the time.

I believe he also holds a black belt rank in Judo.

I believe he also holds a black belt rank in Judo.

Yes, he does!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

He had the Machado brothers on an Episode of Walker. I remember, it as the first time I had heard of BJJ.

You have to remember that some here don't really know the awesome that was Walker. I still remember that episode. I recall a podcast episode were they interviewed one of the Machado brother and he talked about how good a guy Chuck had been helping them out and how dedicated to training he was.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

He had the Machado brothers on an Episode of Walker. I remember, it as the first time I had heard of BJJ.

You have to remember that some here don't really know the awesome that was Walker. I still remember that episode. I recall a podcast episode were they interviewed one of the Machado brother and he talked about how good a guy Chuck had been helping them out and how dedicated to training he was.

Their lives are incomplete! 3 time world karate champion who trained with everyone from Bruce Lee to the Machados, given his own show where he is a member of one of the most elite law enforcement units in the world! They even let the man

!!! As a kid who was both into martial arts and in Texas, it was the highlight of my week!