• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

UK karateka

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome to the forum, and welcome back to karate!

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Hey there,

To be honest it wasn't really a direct comeback. I did shotokan as a child and we moved away I then tried taekwondo as a young teen, then moved onto jujitsu as my friend taught the class. I stopped when I joint the merchant navy and hadn't done anything since.

Years of inactivity and desk jobs have taken their toll on my waste line and I joined the gym with my partner but to be honest I find it really monotonous so joined a local kickboxing class really out of dumb luck seeing a sign on the door. Fitness has been slowly coming back and I've found myself missing a traditional dojo (the kickboxing class is mainly an mma type thing which whilst it has its merits is not really taking me down the path I want) so I sought out a local club and have started having private lessons and will be attending my first class session tomorrow.

It's been amazing to relearn old skills and I'm loving the prospect of working through the grades

Welcome to KF! Glad you're making us a part of your MA journey...

:karate:

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...