• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Maturing as a Martial Artists???

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I hear ya KK75.

I always tell my classes that one day it will just click for you. Sounds like it did for you.

A true sign of a person is how they respond when they are forced into leadership postion. Leaders can step up and take control and although they may not want that responsibility they embrace it because they realize they have to or they will let the class and other people down.

I would tend to think you were being tested more so than anything by you Sensei. One of the things I do with my Sr. students who get to teach some is I play (stupid kid). They teach anything they want to teach and I take class as a regular student and I goof off. Anything from getting moves wrong on purpose to hitting people and not paying attention. I like to see how they can handle it. Sounds like you passed the test. Good job....

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Thanks Pacific and G95.

G95, yes I do think this was a "test" and I passed. I hope that I can continue to improve to show fellow students that "it's not so bad" to conquere your worst fear. Just go at it, and you will win. Put your mind to it, and anything is possible. That word "can't" is no longer in my martial arts language :) I do hope to teach someday, and be a good teacher. I want to learn from my mistakes and things I over-came to teach my student the "good" of martial arts.

P.S. Excuse the spelling. it's late and I'm off to bed. Thanks again all :)

Laurie F

Well one of the things I say a lot to my team or class.

You can never win if you never loose....

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Congrats! I believe that the Martial Arts help us all grow as people. I have noticed how much more respectful I've gotten, and have learned when to ask for help, but most importantly, to help others. Although, I still can't help feeling like I must bow into my school and home, and that it is improper to wear shoes inside a building. Also, it helps me learn more about the Japanese culture that I grew up with. God bless the martial arts.

Dee :karate:

Dee C.

Normal ( 'nor-m&l)-

an adj. used by humans to stereotype