• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This videos talks and points out the three most important aspects of Wing Chun,Structure,Rooting,and Positioning. This video also talks about why Less is More,and how and why controlling your opponent is the key to Wing Chun mastery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be0klLxAIRE

http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

"When the student is ready the master will appear"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nice tutorial; thanks for sharing it.

Not to repeat myself, but I will...so much of what you do is found in Shindokan. The traps, the slips, the shifts, the redirections, this and that, so on and so forth. Close range, it's there too. Less is more; now and forever!!

Weird thing is that, there's NO WC in our lineage, nor is it ever mentioned in our Densho Scrolls and the like. However, we train with a WC Dummy! How many Karate practitioners use a WCD in their training? Hhhmmmmm!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I like what you are saying here, about root and structure. It does appear to me, though, that size can be an advantage in applying the force you are talking about in root and structure. Do you have any advise on how the smaller guy can make this work for him? Or when the other guy comes in with force, as well?

I do like your point about attacking the elbow, and how that helps you gain control.

Great video, great share... :up:

As with Sensei8, so much of the concepts shown in your video have almost identical similarities in the Ti and Matsubayashi-Ryu that I train in. The particular hand striking techniques are slightly different, but the concepts behind structure, root, and body positioning bear remarkable similarities.

The kaki-uke / kakie (weighted hand / sticky hand) hand techniques we train in are almost identical to the Wing Chun techniques shown.

:karate:

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

I like what you are saying here, about root and structure. It does appear to me, though, that size can be an advantage in applying the force you are talking about in root and structure. Do you have any advise on how the smaller guy can make this work for him? Or when the other guy comes in with force, as well?

I do like your point about attacking the elbow, and how that helps you gain control.

Ah you stole my thunder.. I'm planing on making a fallow up video just on what your talking about..Yes, a smaller guy can make this work. Its all in how you use your body structure,position and force that is the key..I have a lot of work ahead of me..

As with Sensei8, so much of the concepts shown in your video have almost identical similarities in the Ti and Matsubayashi-Ryu that I train in. The particular hand striking techniques are slightly different, but the concepts behind structure, root, and body positioning bear remarkable similarities.

The kaki-uke / kakie (weighted hand / sticky hand) hand techniques we train in are almost identical to the Wing Chun techniques shown.

I love to see your style of martial arts..you have my attention..

Thanks a lot CredoTe for your input.

Ah you stole my thunder.. I'm planing on making a fallow up video just on what your talking about..Yes, a smaller guy can make this work. Its all in how you use your body structure,position and force that is the key..I have a lot of work ahead of me..

I look forward to seeing it!

Thanks a lot CredoTe for your input.

My pleasure.... Thank you for all the info and videos you post on WC / kung fu. They're reminiscent of my Hung Gar training...

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

Thanks a lot CredoTe for your input.[/quote

My pleasure.... Thank you for all the info and videos you post on WC / kung fu. They're reminiscent of my Hung Gar training...

your welcome..I also know a little Hung Gar. I have been training it for almost 2 years. It has made my WC much better and have a deeper understanding of Southern short hand.