• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Other martial arts forums/sites

Thanks to active moderating as well as the courteous and respectful contributions, this is the only discussion forum worth subscribing to. Martial Arts Planet sometimes has a few good topics to follow, mostly because of the presence of Mr Mac Young whose websites and publications are very informative. Not every forum can boast having such a reknowned expert among its members. Sometimes I hope he would post here, too. I lurk in at least five sites in 3 languages but only contribute to this one for the reasons I mentioned before and because it is easier to do than posting in five.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KF for me; gives me a much needed break outside and away from the Shindokan circles!!

Use to be a moderator for the Karate Forum section at Black Belt Magazine; it's now closed, the Forum section, that is!!

Still visit knockdownfighters, but my interest has waned as of late.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Karate Forums has solid community members that make it great by their contributions and comittment to keeping the standards high....the same as any reputable dojo!

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

This is the main one for me. There are a few Facebook pages/groups I follow:

Sport Karate Memes - mostly poking fun at various things in the sport karate world (sparkly weapons, too much screaming, etc). It's normally a lighthearted page. Occasionally someone gets offended.

Point Fighter - great for results for some of the larger sport tourneys. A lot of discussion on technique, rules, issues, etc

Pointfigthing.org - same as above, but not very active as of late.

Karatebyjesse too

The only sites I regularly read and post on are KF, Iain Abernethy's forum, and Sherdog, unless you count Facebook groups. There are two of those which I regularly interact with, called Ryukyu Martial Arts (Research and General Discussion) and Ryukyu Martial Arts (Practical Applications and Training). I do jump into a few other sites on occasion, though, and I follow a great deal of blogs.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Karate Forums has solid community members that make it great by their contributions and comittment to keeping the standards high....the same as any reputable dojo!

8)

Solid post!!

**Proof is on the floor!!!

KF for me; gives me a much needed break outside and away from the Shindokan circles!!

Use to be a moderator for the Karate Forum section at Black Belt Magazine; it's now closed, the Forum section, that is!!

Still visit knockdownfighters, but my interest has waned as of late.

This was the only other one I had ever frequented, and the quality wasn't even close to that of KF. This is definitely my home.

I bounced around check things out a bit before landing here regularly. For me, KF offered the best, high quality discussions on the web.

That said, for specific grappling info, Jiu Jitsu Forums has some interesting threads.

I generally post on here when I get the time/can think of somethign worthwhile posting!

I read a lot of the forum posts and articles on Iain Abernathy's website as I find his entire outlook on karate very informative and something of an eye-opener. I also follow him on Facebook and listen to his podcasts when new ones are out.

I also follow Geoff Thompson on Facebook as well as listen to his podcasts. While Geoff still studies martial arts, he has very much gone towards a self help /mself improvement type of persona which I find interesting.