• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Children in the class

One of he selling points of the school I'm soon to startvis actually that one night a week, kids train along side the adults. I want to do it with my sons.

But as the younger me can relate. A lot of parent treat class like a glorified babysitter. MA night is not date night! Your kid is at a place learning to fight, hitting other kids and getting hit back, with adults you've talked to many once a month to pay dues. in today's world, that is ridiculously reckless!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I separate age groups for curriculum classes but have several "open" classes each week for families to train together. However, the expectation is made clear that the kids must be disciplined and able to work independantly or they will not be allowed to attend.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

I separate age groups for curriculum classes but have several "open" classes each week for families to train together. However, the expectation is made clear that the kids must be disciplined and able to work independantly or they will not be allowed to attend.

8)

I believe that this is shared across the board, no matter the style. Having an open class is the bread and butter of most schools of the MA; it has been for me, as it was for my own Sensei.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

8)

I believe that this is shared across the board, no matter the style. Having an open class is the bread and butter of most schools of the MA; it has been for me, as it was for my own Sensei.

:)

For us, its hard at times to justify separating the classes. We have separate classes for our 4-7 year olds, but otherwise, our classes are mixed kids/adults, because the classes would be so small otherwise.