• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is this a good Kyokushin school?

latenight

I would also ask, do you know what Kyokushin karate is? I would review some Kyokushin videos on youtube first to make sure this is what you are up for.

Chillin on a Dirt Road

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I would also ask, do you know what Kyokushin karate is? I would review some Kyokushin videos on youtube first to make sure this is what you are up for.

You have to be very tough and can endure pain. It's not for everybody, when I tried Kyokushin years ago, the only reason I lasted as a guest was because I train in Shotokan so I have experience in taking hits.

Not to put him off but as you say, if it's not for him then I'd recommend another style.

"It's not the style that's important, it's the practitioner. No style is superior to the other if you practice and train hard, ANY style can be effective."

- Me!!!!!!!

I would train there.

IKF is legit, and they are crossing to compete in the IKO5 championships with Matsushima.

I would lap up the opportunity to train Kyokushin and BJJ under the one roof!

I say go along and give it a go!

See if it sits well with you.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

There is no specific way to get ready for a first martial arts lesson. If the required training clothes are not yet available, it is a good idea to put on clothes that allow free movement. One can reasonably expected high intensity activity for an hour at least. For this reason one should be in good, normal condition. It is very unadvisable to go train with an injury, a sickness or a hangover.

The dojo may or may not provide a source of drinking water so bringing a large bottle or two is a good idea. Also packing a towel is a good idea. For more specific advice, call the instructor and ask what to bring. As a last recommendation from experience, avoid going in with an average empty stomach or too full. Have at least a small high energy snack a couple hours before.