• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

KarateForums.com Photo Album Closed and Archived

Hello,

Thank you for visiting KarateForums.com.

Back in September of 2002, we launched the KarateForums.com Photo Album. As a community, we used it actively for a while, but then use of it slowed as people just started sharing pictures here in the forums. People started doing that because it made a lot of sense. It's more natural and puts the photos in front of more people. And so, the Photo Album died out. The last photo was posted on December 12, 2012, nearly 2 and a half years ago.

In light of that, and the way that people are using the forums, we have decided to close the old KarateForums.com Photo Album. However, it has been archived so that it can remain online for the time being, for those who might want to take a look back. You can view it at this link: http://www.karateforums.com/albumarchive/album.html

In the future, we will make it even easier to post photos here. For now, I encourage you to use a free image hosts like ImageShack and then embed the image here. If you have any questions or would like help doing so, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for time and understanding.

Sincerely,

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I wholeheartedly support your decision, Patrick, in closing the Photo Album Section, and I look forward to the future when it comes back on line here at KF!!

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Thanks Bob. I appreciate the support.

I don't have any plans to bring the photo album back online. However, our software will better handle photo embedding in the future, and I look forward to that.

Thanks again,

Patrick

embedding an image simply means posting it, but a developer can embed anything into a site (twitter feeds, image sliders etc)

Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment. ~ Lao-Tzu

embedding an image simply means posting it, but a developer can embed anything into a site (twitter feeds, image sliders etc)

Aha...thanks, Shotokannon!!

:D

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Thanks for the question, Bob and for answering, Shotokannon.

In this context, I just mean that the image will display in the post. Like this:

http://www.karateforums.com/img/photos/heidininjanurseaward.png

Thanks,

Patrick

• 3 months later...

Being a new member, I have not heard of the photo area until I read this thread.

I will have a look though. I beleive this was the correct decision Patrick; members on other forums post images into the forum directly.

“Spirit first, technique second.” – Gichin Funakoshi