• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Square Foot??

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We're at about 800 square feet of matted training area. Another couple of hundred of changing/ restroom space. This constitutes our current facility. In a couple weeks we're hoping to kick off construction in the basement of our building to expand that.

We're at about 800 square feet of matted training area. Another couple of hundred of changing/ restroom space. This constitutes our current facility. In a couple weeks we're hoping to kick off construction in the basement of our building to expand that.

Alex,

Sounds to me that your square footage is about 1000, right? That was the exact square footage of my very first dojo, it's a nice working space. Some that took some time to get it right. Do we face this way, or do we face that way!?!

What's the square footage in the basement and what will that space be used for?

Thank you, in advance!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Alex,

Sounds to me that your square footage is about 1000, right? That was the exact square footage of my very first dojo, it's a nice working space. Some that took some time to get it right. Do we face this way, or do we face that way!?!

What's the square footage in the basement and what will that space be used for?

Thank you, in advance!!

Yes, that's about right on the 1,000 total. The down stairs is around another 2,000 square feet, but I'd need to pull the plans to get an accurate number. Just shy of half that will be showers/ locker rooms. A couple hundred will be a small waiting area. The last 1000 will be more mat space. Again, these are rough numbers. We'd like to be able to run a beginners class concurrent with an advanced class. But we're still 10-20 regular attendees off of being able to do that.

It would also give us the option of renting out space for a MT class at the same time I'm running a PTK class. It's a long term plan to make as much use of our space with an many varied groups as we can.

But, we are still building.

Our dojo is about 6400 square feet, total, but that includes office space, a couple massage rooms, a storage/weight room, and the front lobby area. We have two narrow rooms with hardwood floors that we run smaller classes in when the main mat area is in use. The main mat is about 1200 square feet, arranged in an L shape. I'm not sure how large the room, itself, is.

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

Hmmm.. math. No one ever said I'd have to do math on this forum!

Its between 500 and 800 I guess.

8)

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Hmmm.. math. No one ever said I'd have to do math on this forum!

Its between 500 and 800 I guess.

8)

:rofl: :rofl:

Having spilled my water...

500 - 800 is small.

Ok I've been corrected, we have a 1217 sqft dojo. I hate math.

:karate:

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Ok I've been corrected, we have a 1217 sqft dojo. I hate math.

:karate:

Nice size...and...I hate math, too, if that helps at all!!

:rofl: :rofl2: