• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

well muay thai you can learn pretty quick but takes years to get really good.

i believe wing chun is faster to learn compared to most kung fu styles.

i believe all the styles can be made effective. just check out the school and in the future please try to refrain from asking these vs. questions. no one can answer them.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

when trying to pick out a martial arts to practice, the best thing to do is research about the MA, then go to schools that offer that and speak to the grandmaster about what you're thinking of taking, or observe classes. taking to friends or people who do the MA helps to,...but i guess that's why you posed the questionto us :D good luck!

I agree qith muaythai poser. You should research.

Shaolin Gong Fu is a more complete style, but will take a lot longer to become an efficient and effective martial artist.

Wing Chun was made to be fast and effective. It is a great style, emphasising quick hands. Simple footwork, and I think it is very effective.

My own preference is Shaolin, but I also have greta respect for Wing Chun, I have attended a seminar, my previous gong fu teacher was also quite good at wing chun.

Muay Thai is also very effective.

Remember though. It's not the Martial Art that makes the Artist good, it's the person applying it. So no matter what you take, if you are willing to learn how to effectively apply what you learn, that's the true mark of a good martial artist.

---

fungku

---

Visit Shaolin, Chinese Martial Arts

- I don't fear the 10,000 techniques you've practised once, I fear the one technique you've practiced 10,000 times. -

• 2 months later...

Which form of Kung Fu is quick to learn?could shoalin be effective?

That depends on you.

Are you a quick learner?

Do you understand the basics of kung fu or any martial art?

You're kinda speaking out of both sides of your mouth.You want an art that's effective ,but you wanna learn it quickly.How effective do you expect to be if you're rushing through training?If you master the basics of any style of kung fu you could be a good fighter and very effective in a few months.The problem is so many ppl rush through training and just blow off the basics trying to learn pretty forms.If you work hard on the basics you'll be fine when you need to defend yourself.

jmd :)

The Basics Are The Hidden Secret To Kung Fu Master The Basics.