• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Escaping Side Mount via Early Intervention

This is the last video we cut. This time, we look at escaping the bottom side. We took a different tact early in the week and talked about early intervention as a means to escape rather than waiting for true, crushing side mount. This is one of those ways we deal with the larger opponent (a thread recently brought back up.)

We're a bit more informal here, cutting the video a bit late during an open mat will do that. Still, it's a good feel for what our open mats look like.

Take a look and as always feel free to discuss.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First off, its great to see the crew you have rolling in there! I'm glad its going well so far!

Great, great advise on the video there. I will definitely be thinking of that underhook from now on when some tries to get me into side control. And it seems obvious, now that you've shown it here, to not let the position happen in the first place, but this helps see how to do it well. Great video, and thanks again for sharing these!

Great tutorial...great topic!! Thanks for sharing it, Alex!!

I loved the simplicity of each transition, while, there's a lot going on from 'A' to 'B' to 'C' and so on and so forth. Intercepting intents of the opponents as they reveal themselves can be hard at first, but so is everything else in the beginning.

Great to see everyone working, and no one ran you two over, even one group was close!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!