• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whats next?

GojuRyu Bahrain

Greetings everybody! Haven't been posting for a while as I was busy with life ... and Karate.

Wish everyone a belated successful 2015! Train often, train hard!

Personally, I ended 2014 by finally testing for 4th Dan, after more than 10 years of training (since 3rd Dan). It was a good and rewarding experience to go wide and deep into Karate, take some side roads (Uechi Ryu and Shotokan, etc..), and really work on Sepai (which is the Kata for 4th Dan in my organization) so that in the end I felt fully ready for 4th Dan.

Now I am wondering, what will be next?

What distinguishes a 5th Dan from a 4th Dan?

I am working on that :) and am curious about your thoughts/opinions!

---

btw, here is my Sepai:

If my test-partner agrees, I will post the Bunkai as well...I know that's the interesting part :P

To the bold type above....

The difference will vary from style to style, inasmuch, from governing body to governing body. But, I'm sure that that's not what you're asking.

Time!! Time on the floor!!

Not all practitioners are the same, no matter the rank, and no matter the style!!

If you wondering curriculum/syllabus differences, then that question is for your Sensei, more than for us because your Sensei knows, and we're just supposing, at best!!

What's the difference from a Shindokan Yondan and a Shindokan Godan? TIME ON THE FLOOR!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt