• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I have the opportunity to try out a few Kru Muay Thai classes to supplement my Karate training. I've been fascinated with M.T. since Bloodsport (Paco and Suan Peredes!), and I always wanted to train in it. However, until recently, it was never offered in my area. It is now, and I may have the ability to take some classes.

Anyone have experience with the KRU organization?

Seek Perfection of Character

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Refrain from violent behavior.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ace Ramirez is the head instructor, but here, it's local guys certified in that program. I know the lead instructor at the club, and he's a BJJ black belt that took up MT a few years ago to be able to offer it in his club.

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others

Well, somewhere between talking to the school and receiving their fees by email, the prices went up substantially! Therefore, I will have to forego the opportunity!

It may be a blessing in disguise. During last night's Kyusho class, we started incorporating some Hapkido kicks/joint lock combinations while activating points. This may be the more practical thing for me to do. So I may just use the time I would have spent starting from scratch on M.T. and improve my Kyusho Jitsu and save myself two hundred bucks a month in the process!

Be Faithful

Endeavor

Respect others