• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Stuart Scott Used MMA to Restore Energy Taken by Cancer

I was really saddened to wake up to the news of Stuart Scott's passing. Like many sports fans my age, he was a part of my childhood. Such an engaging personality and an enduring example of strength. He'll be missed!

On a martial arts related note, during one of the tributes, there was a brief clip of him boxing and it mentioned how he had used MMA to restore the energy taken by his cancer treatments.

This article talks about it: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/12/sports/espn-anchors-private-battle-with-cancer-becomes-a-public-one.html

Also, here is a clip, from March, of Scott performing a rear naked choke on another ESPN personality, Michael Smith: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrLEoys3wds

Rest in peace, Stuart Scott.

Patrick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This is truly sad news!! My prayers go out to his family and friends!! He's one of the very few reporters on ESPN that I truly looked forward in watching his segments on ESPN; a true master at work!! His interviewing skills, imho, were unmatched on any given topic, including MMA!!

Thanks, Patrick, for providing the links, and for letting us know!! He will be missed!!

:(

**Proof is on the floor!!!

This is sad news, and he will be missed. RIP Stuart Scott.

I saw the speech he gave when he was awarded at The ESPY's. It was great. He was such a good speaker. I heard not long ago listening to some ESPN radio programming, that after the speech, he went behind stage, and had to lie down, it took so much out of him. But you never would have noticed it.

A great example of a pillar of strength.

This is sad news, and he will be missed. RIP Stuart Scott.

I saw the speech he gave when he was awarded at The ESPY's. It was great. He was such a good speaker. I heard not long ago listening to some ESPN radio programming, that after the speech, he went behind stage, and had to lie down, it took so much out of him. But you never would have noticed it.

A great example of a pillar of strength.

YES!! Solid post!! And yes, RIP!! His interview tactics were not to be taken lightly, and if you did, you were reminded who the master was!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!