Stepping Down!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you get well soon, Bob. I know you will overcome this in time, and will be back on the floor, presenting your proof all over again!

Stay strong, and if you need anything, give me call.

UPDATE:

My doctor has had me taking, what she calls, a "steroid pack"; a bunch of pills...5 for two days, 4 for two days, and so on and so forth! I'll see her this Tuesday, and see what's next if plan 'A' doesn't help! I feel good 25% of the time since the new meds, but still in great pain the rest of the time! I'll take the 25% because I was in pain 100% of the time. One day at a time!!

Again, thank you, everyone here at KF for you many supportive and heartfelt words!!

I never started this topic/thread for it to morph into a pity party; many other people around the world are in a much more serious medical situation than I am! For them and their families; they'll remain in my prayers at all times!!

No, I started this topic, in this forum, to possibly demonstrate some things that might help them if they ever face a similar situation, and decisions that I/we, as a governing body as well as a dojo owner, are experiencing with me having to temporarily step-down from the Hombu and from the Kyuodan Dojo.

Governing bodies and dojo owners only primary concerns and duties is for the constant improvement of the student bodies betterment! Not for the elected offices or those appointed to those offices, but for the caring and supporting the ENTIRE student body! Not for just today, but for tomorrow and beyond!!

Students need to be properly informed immediately, and without any undo delays, concerning any important news and information pertaining to the Hombu, and/or, as in my case, the Kyuodan Dojo, that might affect the student body as it might concern them, both as interested individuals and as a group.

Trust is a sensitive and tangible commodity that shoud never be taken lightly at any time by any person(s)! One can lose that trust faster than a sneeze but it takes, if at all, quite along time to earn it back! The members of the student body trust the Hombu and me to care for them, and this is what I did when I stepped down and initiated the Transition Pact at the Hombu, and therefore made the necessary movements I made at my dojo!

First, I took care of the Hombu, then I took care of my dojo! My first priority was towards the entire student body under the Hombu's umbrella, and when I was satisfied that the Transition Pact was approved, I then addressed the Kyuodan dojo's own student body!

Management 101 says...Rule #1 says, One fire at a time! Rule #2 says, Extinguish said fire immediately! Rule #3 says, remember rules #1 and #2!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the update, Bob. How are you responding to the steroids?

Patrick

I wish I had more!! I responded well. So well, that I was able to sleep in my bed and not on my recliner, for a change. Thank you, Patrick, for the question.

Man I hate to hear this, I wish you a speedy recovery with the issues you face, and a quick return you your students.

I thank you for your kind words; they mean everything to me!!

BACK TO THE FLOOR!! I've been approved by my doctor, just as long as I only do what I can tolerate!!

WHEW...a sigh of relief!

But, there is an amendment to all of this. I'll address this in a different thread/topic this weekend. Some here may not like it, and some might not understand, but, family comes first; always have, always will!!