• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I would like to shadow ZR440's statement in reference to physique. Before I start babbling, are there any really tall TKD practitioners here. I myself am 6'4.5'' and kicking comes naturally as a powerful weapon, and at some tournaments is almost like launching artillery. :brow:

I am not saying that tall people are advised to throw head level kicks, but that it might simply come naturally at times. Also, I do learn alot of low kicks, and they are definately a powerful part of my combo arsenal.

This is definately not a slam against short people, because I have fought short people who now how to make use of their compact-ness in a fight, and use good economy.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to shadow ZR440's statement in reference to physique. Before I start babbling, are there any really tall TKD practitioners here. I myself am 6'4.5'' and kicking comes naturally as a powerful weapon, and at some tournaments is almost like launching artillery. :brow:

I am not saying that tall people are advised to throw head level kicks, but that it might simply come naturally at times.

I'm 6'3, 175 lbs, so I know what you mean. Im pretty lean and pretty flexible, so high kicks have become a strength of mine. It just seems natural, but I also know when to try. If I think I can kick someone in the head, I can. One of my favorite kicks is a twist kick to the jaw. Though not all that flashy, it is a very easy kick for me to throw, and I can almost always land it (unless fighting someone quite fast). The main thing is knowing when to use the right technique. If it came down to a bar room brawl, I would probably be more inclined to employ a wrist lock or immobilizing blow below the head.

Ryan

TKD/JJJ