• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Artist from UK.

Kwon_Artist

@Kwon_Artist, I currently study Technology Management (Post-Grad). Just completed my PGCert, thinking about my PGDip/Masters. But it's all about time and finances... I've been studying with them for 3 years now (1 module/course a year). Done the U810, T848 and the M889. If I do decide to continue then my next module will be the M815 :)

What module(s) have you done/doing?

-Ken

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again for the welcome guys! :)

I was thinking about taking up Karate but I think I will take it up later when I get alot better at my current MA I'm doing.

@Wagnerk: Oh that sounds pretty awesome, good luck on it! You've only got 3 more years left then?

Last year I had done an access module which was Science, Technology and Maths and this year is the first year I'm doing Networking in computing and IT (Undergrad), although I may have made a mistake and gone for Astronomy and Physics in Science instead, but oh well, just have to work hard in this subject and try get something out of it :)

Edit: I was wondering what peoples opinions were of what Karate style they would recommend me if I took up Karate? I it would probably depend on who my instructor is and what my style is, but I want to ask the question anyway since I was thinking about taking it up.

Welcome aboard, Kwon_Artist. :) Which styles of karate do you have near you?
Thank you for the welcome patrick! Well I have decided to take a look at this Shotokan school as it's cheap and fit in with my other Martial Arts very nicely and is about 10 minutes away.

It will cost me £4 per session, first lesson is free and the Gi will be £25 but won't have to get it straight away and it's £25 to register with the JKA which I'll have to pay that after a month of training if I do decide to take it up!

There was a Goju-Ryu club about 20 minutes from me but it would get in the way of my other martial arts training.

I originally wanted to do Kyokushin but the nearest Dojo from me is around 2 hours away.

Sounds great and very doable from every aspect. You'll enjoy Shotokan, even though it'll test your mettle and soundness, and that's a good thing!! Please keep us updated!!

Enjoy the journey!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Thank you Sensei (No pun intended). I will keep you updated :)

I'll be doing TKD-KB on monday, Karate on tuesday, Judo on wednesday, Karate on thursday, Muay Thai on Friday and Judo on saturday, so I pretty much got my week cut out with Martial arts :)

I also do Archery so I'll also be doing that on a saturday evening too.

Thank you for the welcome guys.

I had my first Karate class but i have decided i will try to find another style as Shotokan is way to similar to ITF Taekwon-Do!

I was thinking of trying a Goju-Ryu Dojo.

Edit: I will be doing a Goju-Ryu Karate lesson on tuesday, even though it's about 40 minutes away but I really want to do it and it's only £20 per month, so it's not really all that expensive.

Also, I did my first Judo lesson on wednesday, it was amazing and I will definitely do it again!