• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This Is The Year...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
This is the year that I went it alone and started my own club.

Pretty cool. How are you liking it so far? What presents the greatest challenge?

This is the year that I tested for 4th Dan.

Absolutely brilliant, biggest challenge is to keep on top of all paperwork and ensure everyone has the right insurance, book, new belt, certs and info.

If they are happy and training hard then I am winning.

Hardest moment is to tell some they are not good enough to grade yet as I have set high standards.

I am determined to be true to Karate, MA and tradition - at the same time I am also free to explore new (old) Bunkai and introduce anything I think is relevant to good Karate and self defence.

Well done on your 4th Dan and to everyone who has posted their achievements, good luck for 2015!

This is the year I trained with my children on the same floor.

They are now old enough to train formally and as a result an entirely new chapter of my martial arts journey is unfolding. It's a beautiful thing...

Great to hear things like this, good luck with the future. :)

Please complete the following sentence:

This is the year...

:)

• I took and passed my 1st kyu grading.

I collected my first knockdown trophy!

Met and spoke with Hanshi!

I started my journey to shodan. (in 2015)

Broke boards in front of an audience

(In the past when doing any demonstration that involved breaks I'd smashed roof tiles, on this occasion I was minding my own business watching the BBs break boards as part of a breaking demonstration when I was called up (jeans and all) to break some boards!)

.... no pressure!

:lol:

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

This is the year I trained with my children on the same floor.

They are now old enough to train formally and as a result an entirely new chapter of my martial arts journey is unfolding. It's a beautiful thing...

Great to hear things like this, good luck with the future. :)

Thank you! :)

Good luck to you as well !!!

To quote the great Bob Marley: "LOVE IS MY RELIGION"

This is the year...

I got my motivation back.

I started stepping up more as a leader in the program.

I settled into my brown belt and started getting a glimpse of the big picture and of what I want from my martial arts journey.

This is the year that I went it alone and started my own club.

Pretty cool. How are you liking it so far? What presents the greatest challenge?

This is the year that I tested for 4th Dan.

Absolutely brilliant, biggest challenge is to keep on top of all paperwork and ensure everyone has the right insurance, book, new belt, certs and info.

If they are happy and training hard then I am winning.

Hardest moment is to tell some they are not good enough to grade yet as I have set high standards.

I am determined to be true to Karate, MA and tradition - at the same time I am also free to explore new (old) Bunkai and introduce anything I think is relevant to good Karate and self defence.

Well done on your 4th Dan and to everyone who has posted their achievements, good luck for 2015!

It sounds like its going well. Running a school is hard work, for sure. It sounds like you've got some good standards, too, and don't feel bad for not letting someone grade. After all, you are doing them the favor.

This is the year, 2015, that I've had to step down, even though it's a temporary setback!!

:(

Sometimes that needs to be done. As hard as it may be, it's still not the end of your growth. Godspeed, sir.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton