• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Does bad Co-ordination effect Martial Arts?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well bad co-orindation certainly won't help you, but all the more reason to join a martial art. I am sure after a short amount of training you will see your co oridination improve greatly.

P.S. don't forget to introduce yourself in our introductions forum :)

Goju Ryu Karate-do and Okinawan Kobudo, 17 Years Old 1st kyu Brown Belt in in Goju Ryu Karate-do, & Shodan in Okinawan Kobudo

Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result.

I AM CANADIAN

I used to knock my glasses across the room doing headblocks when I first started. Karate was very, very good for my coordination. You may progress slower than some of your classmates if you are extremely uncoordinated but don't let that stop you from giving it a go.

If you think that you don't have good coordination then that is just another reason to join a martial art. In time, you will see a major improvement in your coordination and reflexes. Good luck.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

As a sufferer of extremly bad coordination I can say that it wont really matter, as SaiFightsSM said you may progress slower but if your looking to improve your coordination MA's is the way to go, I'd still be a terrible un-co if I hadn't started MA's. You will find once you build up your selfconfidance you will also build up your coordination.:)

- Only by contrast can we see.

- Each for his own.

MA will help you with anything you do or any part of you body or life you want to change.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

You will learn to block, kick, punch, self defense techniques and numerous striking techniques, which will not only sharpen your physical and mental thinking, but it helps to improve your hand eye coordination, balance and reflexes... unfoortunately this doesn't happen right away so give it some time .... with the first couple of classes even the so-called coordinated folks feel highly uncoordinated!:roll:

:wink: