• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A Perspective on Why JKDers Should do BJJ

Here's a brief video that a JKD friend of mine did a couple weeks ago in regard to why JKD practitioners should learn to do formal BJJ. It's an interesting perspective from a combatives guy about learning the art of BJJ:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

He makes a lot of great points, especially about being able to navigate while on the ground. Its not just as easy as "get back up."

There is also something to be said about doing something because you enjoy it.

He makes a lot of great points, especially about being able to navigate while on the ground. Its not just as easy as "get back up."

There is also something to be said about doing something because you enjoy it.

I agree...solid post!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Here's a brief video that a JKD friend of mine did a couple weeks ago in regard to why JKD practitioners should learn to do formal BJJ. It's an interesting perspective from a combatives guy about learning the art of BJJ:

Great points!! Hopefully, JKD practitioners will give his points, and the mat work, some serious thoughts!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• 1 year later...
If you are in JKD and not learning anything about grappling then your stuck in the same dogma Bruce lee was against. He even knew the importance of all ranges. remember "Be like water".

I completely agree. For me, this kind of question would be a huge red.flag if I were taking JKD. OF COURSE JKD guys should do ground work. What are they teaching you in class? What do you think JKD is, exactly?