• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

2015 Martial Arts Goals

My 2015 goal is to hopefully test two of my students for 1st Dan....but that is up to them & their willingness to work.

Well, those 2 students were no closer to testing ( due to their lack of willingness) when I closed my dojang at the end of July than they were when I posted this originally in December. Their mother did tell me how rude I was for closing my dojang in order to go to grad school, however. After all, I "Owed it to them." Did I mention that these 2 students were both adults? It was nice to hear from their mom, though. :-?

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2015 goal is to hopefully test two of my students for 1st Dan....but that is up to them & their willingness to work.

Well, those 2 students were no closer to testing ( due to their lack of willingness) when I closed my dojang at the end of July than they were when I posted this originally in December. Their mother did tell me how rude I was for closing my dojang in order to go to grad school, however. After all, I "Owed it to them." Did I mention that these 2 students were both adults? It was nice to hear from their mom, though. :-?

And...you survived!!

:P

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Quite odd. As an adult, I try to not let my mom handle my issues anymore.

Quite odd. As an adult, I try to not let my mom handle my issues anymore.

I gave my students (not mom) a list of other schools in the area & said I'd be glad to go with them to speak with the master at those dojang. I've yet to hear from them on this issue. Although we speak on FB all the time. I think it was more important to mom than continuing on was to the students.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

1. Provide at least 10 training opportunities for my department and surrounding agencies for Defensive Tactics. This gives me two months out of the year for leeway on any unforeseen circumstances that might arise in life or work. I think I have a schedule laid out, and may have a location locked down, as well. I just have to implement it.

I don't think I hit this one, but I need to go back and review my records to see how many I did offer. I think I met 5, for sure.

2. Re-certify in GRACIE for the department.

I didn't meet this one. There wasn't a course to recertify at offered in Kansas this time around. I will be checking into it in the future, though.

3. Hit another DT certification course, or hit one of the Aikido seminars that happen here in town.

Missed this one as well. But 2016 shows hope!