• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

2015 Martial Arts Goals

Okay, so I posted it, I guess I'd better chime in.

1) Make it thru the first year of business at our new facility I'm opening with a friend. This seems crazy to say, espically since I'm still 2-3 weeks out of even opening the doors! But there it is, survive our first year teaching BJJ as a business.

2) 3-4 days a week on the mat teaching and learning. As long as this school goes, that's easy. If not....

3) 1 per month average private or semi private in PTK with my coach there. Maybe even advancment to the next student rank.

4) 2 Big seminars/ camps in regard to PTK or other aspect of FMAs.

I thought about putting a tournament on here. But quite fankly, the goals are so big this year I think I've got enough. :lol:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2015 goal is to hopefully test two of my students for 1st Dan....but that is up to them & their willingness to work.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

I have to say, my goals for 2015 are pretty much the same as 2014, but I'll put them down anyway. So here goes:

1. Pass gradings for 2nd and 3rd Kyu and aim for a commended pass in at least one of them.

2. Enter more competitions and get placed in as much as possible.

3. Train hard inside and outside the Dojo.

4. Step up and work the syllabus for the November 2016 Dan grading.

Tonight is the last class of 2014, so I'm ready for the break to recharge and hit my goals head on in 2015. :karate:

Be water, my friend.

I have to say, my goals for 2015 are pretty much the same as 2014, but I'll put them down anyway. So here goes:

1. Pass gradings for 2nd and 3rd Kyu and aim for a commended pass in at least one of them.

Tonight is the last class of 2014, so I'm ready for the break to recharge and hit my goals head on in 2015. :karate:

1. The very best of luck to you on both tests!

2. Enjoy! please enjoy!

3. ;-)

4. A point in time to aim for, good for!!

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.

Here are my Martial Arts goals for 2015...

3; Have a better diet and have a healthier outlook.

This reflects my one true goal for 2015: live a healthier lifestyle.

My MA goals of gaining more knowledge of Tii and continued development of my skills in karate will always be an ongoing, lifelong pursuit. That said...

My doctor assures me (after a few tests) that my heart/cardiovascular system is good, and that I'm healthy overall. But... I'm just thoroughly...absolutely sick of being overweight. No matter how hard I train, no matter how much kihon or kata or pushups or leglifts or crunches or whatever, I cannot seem to break through the weight wall I'm stuck at. So, something's got to change; I'm going to do something about it rather than just mope around.

I plan to eat healthier, introduce a different workout regimen (that still includes MA training), and include my family with it. I'm 258 lbs (117.027 kg); my goal is to reach and maintain 210 lbs (95.254 kg) by the end of 2015. Reaching 210 lbs will be a struggle, but maintaining it, for me, will be a bigger struggle.

:cowboy:

Remember the Tii!

In Life and Death, there is no tap-out...

1. The very best of luck to you on both tests!

2. Enjoy! please enjoy!

3. ;-)

4. A point in time to aim for, good for!!

:up: Thanks Hawkmoon, all the best in achieving your goals for 2015 too! :bowofrespect:

Mo.

Be water, my friend.

1.) Pass Nidan test.

2.) Start teaching again now that I have relocated-Shotokan Club!.

3.) As always continue to train!!!

The past is no more; the future is yet to come. Nothing exist except for the here and now. Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what's clearly is clearly at hand...Lets continue to train!

1) Make it thru the first year of business at our new facility I'm opening with a friend. This seems crazy to say, espically since I'm still 2-3 weeks out of even opening the doors! But there it is, survive our first year teaching BJJ as a business.

2) 3-4 days a week on the mat teaching and learning. As long as this school goes, that's easy. If not....

3) 1 per month average private or semi private in PTK with my coach there. Maybe even advancment to the next student rank.

I thought about putting a tournament on here. But quite fankly, the goals are so big this year I think I've got enough. :lol:

After you open your school, will you still be a LEO??

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Yes. I'm doing the school part time. I'm keeping my cop job.

Yes. I'm doing the school part time. I'm keeping my cop job.

Cool!! I wish you much success in both passions!!

**Proof is on the floor!!!