• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

2015 Martial Arts Goals

Although it isn't really within my control, all that much, my biggest goal is to find a solution to my ongoing health problems, which have been plaguing me for over a year, now. That isn't directly martial arts related, but those health problems have been preventing me from training as often or as intensely as I want/need to.

For more direct martial arts goals:

1. Memorize the rest of Sensei Bethea's kata yakusoku kumite drills and Nakazato Minoru Sensei's yakusoku kumite drills.

2. Compete in at least one grappling competition

3. Attend at least one Shorinkan training camp

Kishimoto-Di | 2014-Present | Sensei: Ulf Karlsson

Shorin-Ryu/Shinkoten Karate | 2010-Present: Yondan, Renshi | Sensei: Richard Poage (RIP), Jeff Allred (RIP)

Shuri-Ryu | 2006-2010: Sankyu | Sensei: Joey Johnston, Joe Walker (RIP)

Judo | 2007-2010: Gokyu | Sensei: Joe Walker (RIP), Ramon Rivera (RIP), Adrian Rivera

Illinois Practical Karate | International Neoclassical Karate Kobudo Society

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two new goals for 2015...

1) Video capabilities

2) New laptop

Still trying to join the modern age for my dojo and/or the Hombu!! GO SANTA!!

Both might require Santa to visit me on Christmas Eve....I've been a good boy!!

:P

**Proof is on the floor!!!

10% increases across the board for both the Hombu and my dojo. As Kaicho, my first concerns are concentrated in the MA betterment of the ENTIRE student body!!

:)

10 percent increase in what?

In everything that's subjected to our P&L statement [Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, and Annual] for the Hombu, for my dojo, and my MA retail store. The list is quite extensive, as it is with most business'.

10% increases across the board for both the Hombu and my dojo. As Kaicho, my first concerns are concentrated in the MA betterment of the ENTIRE student body!!

In everything that's subjected to our P&L statement [Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, and Annual] for the Hombu, for my dojo, and my MA retail store. The list is quite extensive, as it is with most business'.

I would guess, and this is just me guessing, the most affective way to increase this 10% would be to add more students, correct? If that is the case, how many additional students would it take to hit this 10% mark?

I would guess, and this is just me guessing, the most affective way to increase this 10% would be to add more students, correct? If that is the case, how many additional students would it take to hit this 10% mark?

Additional students is important, however, it's only one factor. To increase the profits and to minimize the losses; these are the expectations!!

When I speak about 10 percent increases across the board, I'm referring to how the profits are reflected on the profit and loss statement. Whereas I'm also speaking about decreases on the profit and loss statements, as well.

An ideal portrait is to have more increases in profit and dramatically decreasing any losses.

But, to answer your question...

37 for my dojo: 3.125 per month

Wow, that's more than I expected. But, if you have a fairly large student body, then you'd need a bigger number to get that increase. But that's not a bad problem to have!

What were you expecting, Brian? :P

The 10% is what I've always set my expectations at!! Are they reasonable in the category of "New Students"? No! I set the bar high and do my best to reach it. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fall short of my goals! It's a rush for me!!

..cut 'n' paste ...

so I cheated!LOL

-------------------------------

... for 2015?

Hmm ...

The plan is ... for the moment anyway ...!

Compete in the Regional Tournament (Open division!) ... and account for myself honestly!

Go to Summer camp for a Shodan grading with Hanshi!

National Clicker Tournament

... it could all change!

Its the BKKs 50th year anniversary as well so I dare say a few things could get added as the year unfolds!

There is a national tournament (as always) but with the grading close to this on the calendar .. not sure I can commit to it!

We'll see, I'm sure I'll be given my decision by Shihan and Sensei!!

---------------

... and a new addition has already taken hold and is growing ... more on that when things settle down and plans and decisions start to be setup and put into action!

“A human life gains luster and strength only when it is polished and tempered.”

Sosai Masutatsu Oyama (1923 - 1994) Founder of Kyokushin Karate.