• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yin Yang, what does it mean to you?

Red J

i always thought good and evil was just a concept humans have. in the big picture there isn't such a thing.

It's as much of a human concept as morality/ethics or art. Just because something is only percieved or considered by humans doesn't make it an automatic write-off.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes a concept a human concept? Is it one that only applies to humans or is it a concept that allows humans to have understanding in dealing with life?

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

I am a taoist, so I believe in this principle. If you think about it, the Yin-yang concept can be found in every aspect of living. I commonly have a hard time explaining it to westerners, but some good books to learn about it in are " The Te Of Piglet", "The Tao of Pooh", and " Living the Martial Way". There is also a brief reference to it in most Taoist books.

Grrrr,

Dee

Dee C.

Normal ( 'nor-m&l)-

an adj. used by humans to stereotype

I would say that it represents non-duality - that all the dual concepts are illusions of the mind, and in reality are aspects or poles of the same undifferentiated whole. It is all things unified into one - the Tao, to put in Chinese terminology. It also represents the belief that extremes are always temporary, and that all things are impermanent. It reminds Taoists, and Buddhist (esp. from Chinese traditions), to follow the Middle Way or sage's path which lies between extremes. But this is just my understanding.

• 2 months later...

When you are striking someone with one of the Chinese Fists, there has to be that snap in the end of the strike. Positive energy flowing into a target then Negative energy snapping back, creating that power...

That's how one San Soo Sifu explained that concept to me anyways.

I own you.