• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do what I say , not what I do

I did not mean to be disrespectful of those who have gone before. My Sensei is a frail man, he relies on his excellent budo and understanding to hold his own with the best of us. He uses no strength, his art does the work for him, he has practised for more than 40 years, 10 of these in Japan. What angered me to start such a forward if misguided stance was a young Dan grade who pointed to who she referred to as her "Kyoshi". This man is no older than my brother, but makes no effort to further his martial art learning. He is grossly over weight and has health problems because of the fact. He does not train, he cannot. But, he grades a syllabus that is way beyond his prowess. I was surprised and could not stay in that dojo a moment longer while contemplating the fact that this man would aspire to grade me and my peers. That is not a boastful statement. His association is a pyramid system of dojo's and he reaps the fees each month. I too would love such a job, becoming rich by the sweat of others. Here is a real master;

Osu!

Look to the far mountain and see all.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aging and the way it affects how it changes the way people move is natural and impossible to escape. For anyone who expects to continue training it is important to consider and make conscious efforts to maintain good techniques with correct form as one ages. Martial arts training is meant as a way of self improvement and cultivation of health. Without health and strength nothing else is possible. What good is technique without strength? How can one continue training without health? Is it possible to get strong without first being fit and healthy? Instructors who have succeeded in doing these things are the ones who are still training into their old age.