• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Taking Back from Mount Recap

This week we really spent the time taking and maintaining back mount. While attacks from here are important, and we spent time drilling them at the end of the movements, the key to working the back is getting there in the first place and staying there.

We worked broke down getting there from mount, closed guard, and some open guard. In our recap, we break down taking back from modified mount and how to use position to achieve that outcome.

Discussion and questions welcome!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nice transition. It looked like you countered initially into that position that you took the Kimura from, is that right?

Keeping the chest pressure on to roll them is something we've done in the GRACIE training, too, to roll a suspect into a cuffing and control position.

Thanks for sharing this.

Great tutorial, Alex: as always. Transitions were smooth through and through!!

I can't wait to see your DVD series...when you make one...which I hope will be sometime during 2015. I believe that you should make one!!

Thanks for sharing, Alex!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

Nice transition. It looked like you countered initially into that position that you took the Kimura from, is that right?

Keeping the chest pressure on to roll them is something we've done in the GRACIE training, too, to roll a suspect into a cuffing and control position.

Thanks for sharing this.

It is very similar. Arm trap, posture, ect are all the same. The entry is slightly different as is the movement of the foot on the attack side. That said, these are minor differences. It is very much similar. Conceptually, work on one will improve the other.