• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Attention Bushidoman Omoplata Sweep

As requested by Bushidoman the omoplata sweep. This is an old video and not the best reps on my behalf. But you can get the basic idea. You will actually want them to posture up high and whip you legs to the ground straighter than I did in the video to help with your barrel roll.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks for sharing this, Rusty. I may have to watch it a lot to see the nuances, but it helps clarify what you were talking about.

It looks like you wrap a leg along with it to roll the sweep. Am I seeing that right?

I also like the hitch hike to side control. If I fed an arm to set that up, will it work?

Brian you do under hook the near leg with the near arm. Here is were you have to be careful, when you under hook the leg you must trap it between your shoulder and head to prevent them from stepping over to counter.

As for feeding the arm to set up the hitch hike. You can but you have to have superb timing. This is actually an escape to the arm bar. It's one of those moves that's all or nothing.

As I look back at this video was shot some what showing a flow through different moves that are connected. I wish I would have shown shrimping and recovering guard to put you back in for another round of the flow drill.

I thank you for sharing it. I won't try to feed an arm setting that up anytime soon, then. I will try to remember that, though, when I do get an arm bar thrown on me.

On hitch hiking go toward your thumb. Run it as a flow. Have your partner start in mount go for the arm bar and hitch hike out to side control, they hip escape and recover guard, you pass to mount, arm bar them, and so on. You get to work multiple positions and moves. The speed can be slow as you need it to at first then pick it up as both of you improve.

On hitch hiking go toward your thumb. Run it as a flow. Have your partner start in mount go for the arm bar and hitch hike out to side control, they hip escape and recover guard, you pass to mount, arm bar them, and so on. You get to work multiple positions and moves. The speed can be slow as you need it to at first then pick it up as both of you improve.
Ooh, sounds like a good drill. I will watch the video again, and see about trying that with someone. Thank you very much!

Nice job! I really like that sweep, particularly given the energy that most people will give you when caught in the omo position. Also, I really like the drill you're showing for developing not just the sweep but the entire control position sequence from there.

Thanks Alex, that is a true complement coming from someone of your skill level. I try to teach a position to my guys then come up while a flow to work on to put it to use and I feel it let's them see where it can be applied during live rolling.

Thanks, Rusty. I really like flow drills, the few that I do, and that's what I'd like to work it with. I will try to get a chance to play with this later in the week, and see what comes out of it.