• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Son is going for his 9th kyu

Just wanted to announce (as I'm a proud dad) that my boy is going for his first grading on Saturday, 9th kyu in Shotokan karate (the first art that I studied) :)

So this afternoon, going thru the kata, kihon and (go-hon) kumite with him.

He's 7, so as long as he enjoys it, I'm happy :)

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You've every right to be proud!!

I wish him all of the success. Tell him...I'm in his corner!!

He'll be nervous, as to be expected, remind him that his Sensei once was a 10th Kyu too...relax...and let the testing cycle take care of itself. He can mess up, it's not the end of the world, and he can still pass, even if he makes a few boo boo's!!

Good luck. Oh yeah, remember to take your camera...Kodak moment if I've ever heard of one!!

Please let us know how he does!!

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I guess an update is in order...

We on the day, we decided to attempt the grading in the new year. It was very nerve racking. The class that my son goes to is in-conjunction with an school's club, which is very good, however there are only 3 of them. During the grading there were about 100 people... Nerves got the better...

So plans for the new year is to continue with the school based program, but also attend the main association classes, so that he get used to the people there.

I'm proud that he did half attempt the grading and that he is continuing it. It would have been easy to say "I don't want to do this anymore"...

-Ken

Tang Soo Do: 3rd Dan '18

Shotokan Karate: 2nd Dan '04