• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Automatic grading

Agreed, Spartacus. Also, instructors should already know whether a student is competent enough for the next belt level at the time of the exam because of observations during regular practice, the exam is just the formal passing point.

When someone mentioned a deadline, he said: "You’ve got a deadline. Well, I do too: death." He smiled. "It tends to insert itself into our considerations."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite right indeed. Under my current teacher, every single day in the dojo is an exam and the grading is just the result. I never ever know when I reach the next level. Not until the training day before and only at the very end. The observers besides the teacher are everyone shodan and above and at least three who already have the rank of the grading.

We do have set dates for exams, but everything from the last exam to the current one is taken into account when evaluating.

When someone mentioned a deadline, he said: "You’ve got a deadline. Well, I do too: death." He smiled. "It tends to insert itself into our considerations."

Not all black belts can teach; nor should they try!! In that, they've no business grading one either, directly or indirectly!! No...no...no...no...no...

Imho.

**Proof is on the floor!!!