• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dealing with the Bigger, Stronger Grappler

Hey everyone, Part 2 of our JKD questions for BJJ series is up! You can check it out below:

In this segment, we talk about dealing with the power grappler. The bigger, stronger, top game guy who feels like the Hulk when he latches on to you.

Feel free to discuss, disagree, debate, ect.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Great discussion. I think there is a lot to be said about being relaxed and taking the time to breath. Also, the confidence built through reps in training helps you to relax, like you mentioned.

I also subscribed to your friend's channel here! Thanks again for posting! :D

Great discussion...great Q&A session with Nik and Alex...top notch!! Thank you, both!!

This is what I've been speaking about ever since I've been here at KF...Mizu No Kokoro and Tsuki No Kokoro...Mind like water and mind like the moon...RELAX. Not only in your physical stature but in your mind as well. If the mind is overwhelmed, then you begin to try to meet that force with force and that's the path to avoid.

Relax...then work!! Capitalize on their overcoming mistakes thinking that there brute force is all that they need...and they do need more than that, imho!!

Brute force on its own is akin to combating with oneself all day long; tiring overall, and that tiny little moment, is when you begin to overcome.

:)

**Proof is on the floor!!!